Pune: The Perfect Vacation Retreat!
Pune: The Perfect Vacation Retreat
Pune is a complete package. Majorly famous for the educational institutions that it houses, the city is also very close to amazing weekend getaways. Travellers love this city owing to the presence one of the best luxury hotels in Pune. Out of them, Corinthians Resort & Club is the best bar in Pune.
Thus, if you are all tired of the noise in the city, plan a visit to one of the below in your weekend:
- Koyna Wildlife Sanctuary: Lying between the Western Ghats and Shiv Sagar lake lies the Koyna Wildlife Sanctuary. Spread over an area of 420 sq. km., here you can see animals such as panthers, sloth bears, gaur, tigers, giant squirrels, brown capped woodpeckers, cobras, and pythons in their natural habitat.
- Tarkali: The crystal clear waters and white sand beaches are the main tourist attractions to this place. Tarkali is the hub of water adventure sports like Banana Ride, Kayaking, Jet Ski, and scuba diving and thus it’s a paradise of adventure lovers. Undoubtedly, this is one of the best weekend getaways near Pune. The best time to visit this place is during Dussehra because along with the natural beauty you can also see pompous Dussehra celebrations and delicious Malvani cuisine.
- Divegar: A small village in Raigad district, the place boasts of serene beaches and calm waters. The sea shore stretches over a distance of 15 km. The best time to visit this place is October to March. The place abounds in ancient temples as well.
- Bedse caves: These Buddhist caves are a time warp with the right proportion of spirituality. You need to climb 400 steps to reach this place of solace. The climb is a real bliss because all of it is surrounded with lush green vegetation. Also the caves are built in a way that you can view only from the top. You can enjoy the whole of this place in just one day.
- Kolad: River Kundalika is the main attraction here. The main adventure here is overnight camping and river water sports. People love visiting this place in winter for picnics.
Pune is a real gem for travelers and now you know why.